Well, good news is… I’ve made progress.
Surprisingly, there’s a few things I never knew I would bump into until I actually started to write the code.
For example, I planned to recreate the Languages Selection activity and planned to use a ListActivity to do so. However, no matter what I did, the app would Force Close. This was definitely a problem, and I spent hours trying to fix up the code wondering what went wrong. Finally, I ditched that idea and just used the normal Activity. A few hours later, I went back to read the documentation on ListActivity to find out what my problem was. Apparently, to use ListActivity we MUST have android:id=”@android:id/list” inside the ListView of the xml file.
I experienced a few other minor problems along the way, but as of now, I’ve definitely made progress. The main screen is finished and basic functionality does work. I guess I’m successful in recreating the Language Selection activity to change the system’s language. Next step is to organize my code and refine it in a way for me to implement the other parts more easier.
This is definitely NOTHING like writing a code for a class assignment.