I’ve finished creating the app icon. Looks simple, but it’s nice and simple. At least, I hope it is.
I was also able to fix up the widget appearance. Friend still didn’t really have time to help me, but she sent me a few tutorial links. I was able to edit the appearance to make the widget look much more pleasant. I’m actually very proud of myself, because I’ve always avoided doing anything artistic related.
I’ve tested out my app on a Froyo device and a Gingerbread device and both works well. I’ve tested out the app on a Low DPI, Mid DPI, and High DPI emulator and… everything looks fine.
I should mention though, that I was unable to test out the the widget on homescreens that could rotate to landscape. This was mainly because all the apps I could test on so far had their homescreens locked into portrait mode. As of now, I have no idea, how widget looks like in landscape. I hope I can get some user feedback for that to be able to fix it up. Luckily, fix should be very easy if there is a problem.
I’m a little concerned with the speed that the language is changed. From what I’ve noticed, homescreens with lots of widgets will take longer to change and longer for all widgets to come back. Devices with little stuff in it was quick to change. I’m worried users might press the button and keep pressing on it without realizing that the phone is already starting to change the language. I’ll probably add a Toast to notify the users of this as a solution.
Tomorrow, I will release the app onto the market. Then I will work on a paid version.
For tonight, I’ve registered an account on adMob.
Time to sleep