Now that I’m back to developing this app, I am pleased to note down that I made tremendous progress on the settings. I had to keep adding, removing, and moving stuff around before I got it to look the way I like it to.
For now, I’ve included some basic functionality to it. I tried to make the coding as modular as possible for me to edit later on.
I’ll work on making the app work first before I add any more advanced ideas into it.
Didn’t have much troubles with using preferences. I got to say, the idea is pretty brilliant. I did have one trouble that caused me to waste a lot of time narrowing down. The app would always Force Close with a NullPointerException until I found out that the problem was coming from me using ListPreferences in a array. I could create the ListPreference arrays very easily. Nothing wrong with it, but whenever I try to use them, that’s when the troubles start. I’m not sure why this happens, but I’ll investigate at a later time for that.
I believe I’m mostly done with the basic properties of the settings page. Tomorrow, I will get to work on the Service part of the app. This is a very fun project to do. Completely different from my first one. So far, I haven’t seen myself use anything I learned from my first project. Instead I’m using completely new topics. This is really fascinating. Very fun to work with.