Well, after all those projects, exams, labs, homeworks, and other stuff, I finally found time to work on my Diary app for a day.
Went back to work on the media part of the app not working properly. Everything should be working, the code should be right, basically it should be working right? Except it just wasn’t saving any of the files.
I remember I was stuck on this problem for days before school started and I finally discovered why. Turns out when I was creating the filenames, I was naming the time using XX:XX:XX format without remembering that the : symbol can not be used in filenames.
Well finally fixed that problem. Fixed up a couple of other minor bugs involving the password screen and the entry screen. I also created a tiny mini gallery to look through all the pictures, videos, and sound files that were stored for the day. However, I noticed that when there was a lot of images, it got a bit laggy and also slow. I think I’ll have to run this part as a seperate thread and also cache the thumbnail pictures.
Sadly, my only day to work on the app is over so I’ll work on that next time.
So happy, I’m almost done.